Saturday, March 12, 2011

Inspired by OLM!

During my hopping along thru Misi's Scavenger hunt posts 
that everyone showed their 4-6 items they scavenged,
I came across one that really caught my eye! 
Many had items in it I would love to make or buy for my home or shoppe.....
but this particular post was my inspiration for yesterdays project.
OLM~Marie posted her Scavenger Hunt items and in that post was this doll!
Well, I just had to have one!
I commented to OLM~Marie to see if she made them....I wanted to buy one soooo bad!
She did reply to me and after a few emails between us,
She told me the name of the dolls.
We had mentioned trying to create our own and send pictures to each other so we could laugh because they would like like aliens.
I do not have a lot of faith in my own creations and am a terrible critic of my work.
That is why I usually just stick to using patterns.
Finally, I searched the name of the dolls on google and did find this pattern from
So, The pattern is from Nanny Norton Prims,
but I give all of my Inspiration Credit to OLM~Marie for showing her Slave doll in her blog post!
Here are the pictures of the progress of the Slave Dolls....
They are quite a process of sewing, stuffing, staining, baking, staining more, sanding a little more, staining, baking, and a final soft sanding!
This is Before!
This is after one stain & bake session!
This is after multiple stain & bake sessions!
Two of these babies will be going to very special people! 
My Forever BFF Andrea, who I love with all my heart!
And one will be going to my Newest BFF,Sandy!
The Three other babies are up for adoption to a loving PRIM Home!
This is the Finished Slave Doll!
This one, of course, belongs to me!
I just love her!
I have given my Slave Doll a name....
I would like you to meet
MARY MARGARET!
I chose that name to remind me of Marie! I used both of her initials...
Marie Morgan!
I didn't want to name her MARIE, because OLM already has the name Marie! LOL
THANK YOU MARIE FOR GIVING ME SUCH INSPIRATION!
Keep posting Ladies because you all inspire someone everyday!!!!!


Prim Blessings to all... From Becky@ The Crow's Nest

9 comments:

  1. I don't know why you second guess your work you are an awesome crafter, I admire your work. And Marie is just as sweet as they come. You did a wonderful job on your dolls, I love them!!! Have a great day!!! Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the dolls and I agree you are an awesome crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your dolls!! I loved Marie's doll too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a wonderful job on the dolls. And I agree, you are an awesome crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to second guessing your own work. I do it all the time too. When you figure out a way to over come that, please let me know. lol You knocked this one out of the park. I love her! She looks so old, like you found her in a box in an old rundown farm house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, OMG... You are so fun!!! I can't believe you fond a pattern!!! YOU go girl!!!
    Ok, now you got me goin...I guess I will draw up a pattern and give one a turn!!! And you named her in honor of me, SOOO sweet!!! Love your dolls, they turned out great!!!!
    Trust yourself, you a a awsome crafter!!!OLM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, I love what you've done. A basket full of these would be so awesome. You've done a great job with these.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky~Iloved Marie doll also~ look at you girl~ you already made some~ So cute!Great job!!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i really like how the dolls staining and surface came out!!!!

    ReplyDelete