Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Satisfaction!!!!



Wow! What a great day I had!
Woke up this morning full of energy and ready to go!!!!
I started with a pattern by Drakestone Primitives....
NightCap Prairie Bonnet

It called for a lace edging, but I opted for a more simple look.


Then I moved right on to pattern #2 from Drakestone Primitives...
Prairie Bonnet


 Before Staining
 After Staining, Not a big difference in the picture.......
But a big difference in my eyes!
 Looks right at Home with Firecracker Kid's Candle Holder and Peg Rack!!!!
My First attempt at Printing on fabric with freezer paper!
FAILED!!!!!!

Next attempt.....
SUCCESS!!!!!!

Not sure yet what I will do with it!

My Hubby planned a Belated Valentine's Dinner for all of us girls!
Me, My BFF (Andrea), My Oldest Daughter (Sonja) and my Future DIL (Sam)
The Guys had to cook and do all the dishes and the clean-up!
On the menu was Steak, Baked Potato, Salad and Bacon wrapped deep-fried Shrimp
It was AMAZING!!!!
After us girls being on Weight Watcher's for 8 months, What a treat that was!!!!!
It was the best Valentine's Dinner We have ever had!!!!
Sure beats waiting at a restaurant with no reservations!!!!!
I was so proud of them for all the planning!
Prim Blessings to all... From Becky@ The Crow's Nest

17 comments:

  1. Love the way your bonnet turned out!!! Looks prim perfect!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Bonnets Becky!..& That sure sounds like a Yummy dinner for you gals .Bliss!
    I was out through your way visiting my parents today. I will have to get directions to your shop for next time.
    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnets are one thing that I'd love to try but they kind of look scary to me. Yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the prairie bonnet! Looks like you had no trouble at all! Do you plan to make more?
    Deep-fried, bacon-wrapped shrimp? I couldn't pass that up no matter what day or time it is!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    I do plan on making some bonnets to sell! If anyone is interested, please emaill me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, love the bonnets!! I have the prairie bonnet pattern and I might just have to get the other one after seeing yours.8-)
    What a great dinner you gals had!!
    Don't you love printing on fabric? I printed a feedsack yesterday and made eggs and carrots. I'll be posting them later. So much fun!!
    Have a great day!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your bonnets. they came out great. and how sweet of your hubby to plan such a fun dinner gathering.
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky,Loved the Prairie Bonnet you made, a little different than the colonial bonnets. I guess there was a need for more sun protection on the neck and shoulders. I am new to prairie style.My roots are colonial. Sounds wonderful to have a meal at home with hubby. Mine made breakfast that day.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bonnets, Becky! And I agree it does look wonderful with your peg rack from Firecracker Kid! (I am pretty envious of that peg rack!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh Becky, you did an excellent job on the bonnets and I definitely see a difference. It does look great on your peg rack. Thanks for sharing pics:)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, hopped over to your blog from The Prairie Patch and so glad I did! Love your prairie bonnets and a peg rack from Carol, lucky you! I'll have to try out the freezer paper/fabric printing, looks like it turned out wonderfully, can't wait to see what you make out of it! Following your blog now, have a wonderful Prim Day! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bonnets! I'd like to try my hand one day at making them. Are they hard to do for a novice sewer? Thanks for linking up, by the way!

    And bacon wrapped deep fried shrimp!?! That sounds like it's to die for! Yummmmmmm...I'm drooling all over my keyboard now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos!!! Plenty of inspiration!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bonnets, and supper sounded wonderful. You ladies were very lucky. Must have some good guys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bed cap is just perfect for a 4 poster bed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky
    now that sounds like a perfect Valentines dinner!( home~ a great meal~ loved one's)!
    Loving the bonnet & night cap!
    Bonnet looks great on the peg!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stumbled upon your blog via Perfectly Prim Party, it is all so warm, cozy & adorable. Happy to be a new follower. :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete