Monday, February 14, 2011

Aging Bedclothes

I wanted an aged quilt to hang on a quilt hanger to make a display that you can see through the doorway into our Master Bedroom. 
So, I had an old (NOT ANTIQUE) quilt that I haven't used in a long time.
Here is a picture of it before aging.
 I put it in my washing machine and sprinkled it with Walnut Ink Crystals. 
I let it run a short wash cycle, stopped it from rinsing and let it spin out. 
I then placed it into a Dryel Dry Cleaning bag in the Dryer until it was almost dry. 
Removed it from the bag and finished drying it in the dryer. 
This is how my display turned out!
I also made the Cupboard Prints of Mr. & Mrs. Pearce. 
Please note, if you do this aging technique in your washing machine, You will want to let your washer do a full wash with detergent in it to clean it out after doing the aging process so as not to get the walnut ink on any of your good clothes!
Prim Blessings to all... From Becky@ The Crow's Nest

9 comments:

  1. looks great... the whole display is wonderful
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great. Love the cupboard prints, love the entire display. I love chairs and buckets, can't get enough of either.8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Love the way your display looks and how great the quilt came out! I will try that technique soon, as I have several things I'd like to age. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love walnut dying. I have never used the crystals before, but the entire walnut in it's hull. I love how your quilt turned out. I can say ditto to what everyone said too, cuz I like love your entire display.
    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY BECKY!
    Enjoy
    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That does make a big difference. Sounds easy enough. I've never heard of walnut crystals. Where do you find them?
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky
    So pretty! Looks wonderful!
    I am inviting you to join in on the Tuesday Display chain( usually hosted by Misi) she needed someone to host so it is me!
    So please come over & join in it is fun~ the Theme is displayed "RAGS" it is fun~ fun~ seeing different displays it starts today runs through Wednesday morning~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete