Friday, January 28, 2011

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!!!!

Some photos shown in this post may not be suitable for some folks, especially those weak in the tummy and those who are scaredy cats!!!!!!
This is how most get to see me, especially on the internet.....
But after a day of designing, figuring, measuring, cutting, glueing, nailing, sanding, painting, sanding again, and staining a project that I just had to have TODAY!
 (I am not a patient person, can't wait for Nuttin!)
This is what my poor FurBaby Yorkies see.....
I KNOW, I KNOW!!!!!!
But it was worth all that stress!
I began with a pile of wood and a BRIGHT IDEA!
Started with a few tools, but had to kick out with the BIG BOYS in the Barn (NO PICS OF THAT)
Then I started to see some progress.....

Now for the Fun Stuff, all Sanded and  then painting...
Starting to look like my bright idea is gonna work!
Adding more paint....
Sand Again and Stain....
Rub stain til soft, aged effect is achieved....

Finished !!!!!!!
Was it worth it?????
OH YEAH!!!!!






Prim Blessings to all... From Becky@ The Crow's Nest

13 comments:

  1. oh wow! it looks fantastic! you did a great job! i have always wanted a desk like that...what a great concealer! :) i am gonna get hubby busy on this project for sure! thanks for the inspiration....and....i do not think you could look bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sweetie!!!! Trust me, I looked bad today!!!! When I walked past my mirror, I almost wondered who was in there!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I think you look CUTE! LOL! I think I can look worse! Especially when I pile the mop on top with my clip! LOL! Even better when it's summer and I have my garden gear on, I have dirt all over me! Love your computer station! That is very nice!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Have a great weekend.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Renee...Yeah, That's how I will be looking this spring....Lots of gardening to do!

    Enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love what you made...:) you did an awesome job.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea! I LOVE IT! You did a great job too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was worth it.Besides nothing is sexier than a girl with power tools.LoL..Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome!! And totally worth the struggle. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Becky! Your not that scary!lol... I have looked worse.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now Becky, if that isn't just the neatest little desk I have ever seen and made by your own hands too! I think I have "shop envy" or your work space. Show us more!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW.... Love it! your go chicky.... XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all my Prim Bff's for the sweet comments!!!! Wait til you see what I'm working on today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Girl the real you is cute>>common>>and full of beautiful character!
    A lap top box!Love it! wonderful job!!!!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete