Monday, January 31, 2011

My Early Monday

I woke up about 4:45 a.m. (which is actually normal) got the hubby's lunch made and sent him off to work. I started right in on my plan for the day!
Started making Pantry cakes.....
Recipe is from Tina @ Tattered Sisters (TFS)
I had them made, baked and out of the oven before 8:00 a.m.


Cleaned up all the mess, did the dishes and moved onto the next project.
A Recipe From Libby @ Rusty Shed Prims
and From Fresh Baked Refills. (TFS)
Cooked Sugar Molds
First Batch, I used a little Blackstrap molasses to darken as mentioned on the freshbakedrefills site.
All cooked, in the molds cooling and the mess cleaned up by 9 :00 a.m.
My BFF called and asked me to go to the grocery store with her.....so, I did.
I purchased carrots to try drying and one artichoke to try drying.
I wanted pomegranates and gourds.....NO LUCK!
So excited to get home to check my cooled pantry cakes!
OH NO!!!!!!
First Batch, A FLOP!!!! and it had nothing to do with the bunny ears, LOL!
They were stuck in the molds, had to pry them out with a knife! NOT EASY!
Libby stated in her Tut that too wet would be hard to get out of the molds, also could be the molasses!
I won't do that again!
But I have not given up on the recipe!
Try Again!
Second Batch, Easy out of the Molds, but too Dry!
One More Time.....
Third Times A CHARM!!!!

I used 4 Cups Light Brown Sugar, 1/4 + 2 TBSP water, 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves.
Onto the next project, a recipe from Colleen @ and Baby Makes Five (TFS)
Salt Dough Ornies
I followed the recipe exactly!
So far, so Good!!!!
My Son (Kris) needed me to help him file his taxes, 
( another of my things to do at this time of year, taxes for the whole family!) 
so I recruited my Youngest daughter (Ronica) and my son's Fiance (Sammi Jo)..
Look how cute they are with their heads tipped, and my son texting for his Fiance because she had paint on her fingers! 
LOL, Ain't love grand????
Kris' taxes are E-Filed!!!
Well, That is as far as I got today, Here are the Ornies now.

All painted, Thanks Girls!
Waiting to be sanded and grubbied up!!!
In the mail today, I received something I ordered from Cathy @ The Finicky Feline

Don't ya just love it?
And she even sent me the candle mat as a gift!!!!!!!
How sweet was that?
Thanks Cathy!!!!!

Prim Blessings to all... From Becky@ The Crow's Nest Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment:

  1. wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! You are a busy girl! love all your cakes and ornies! And that box you received, that is too cool! love it!

    ReplyDelete