Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Antique Store?????

            I stopped at the most unusual "ANTIQUE STORE" today. I don't know if most would call it an "Antique Store", I have found thrift stores and garage sales that are more organized and at least they have prices.
           I walked into a vacant house with a slightly strange atmosphere. An elderly woman was sitting behind what I think was a desk (too covered with piles and boxes to know for sure) on what appeared to be a computer. I asked her if it was okay for me to look around, she said "sure" and went back to what she was doing. I wandered around, feeling a bit uncomfortable in a house that looked like someone was using it as a storage shed. There were rooms filled with box after box and unsorted pile after pile of STUFF!!!! Oh, but I love stuff, and some might say I am a bit of a  DUMPSTER DIVER!!!!!
          I started to feel a little more at ease when I made some noise trying to scrounge through a box of utensils and the lady at the desk didn't say anything about it. I began to move some items and try to see in the nearly dark rooms. It didn't take long and I had found a little crock with a lid.
          Hmmmmm, what else could be waiting for me to find it and give it a good home?????? Oh, darn...  I had already been gone from home a little longer than I had planned and still a few more stops I had to do. All I could think was look quickly, grab what you can and come back when you have more time.....I'm sure it will all still be there when you do come back.
         I gathered up the few things I found and went back to the lady in the room I entered through. I stood there looking at her for a few minutes. Finally she turned away from the computer which, I could then see was on an EBAY page of Antiques......Hey, That looked like an Antique Shop that she was looking at. (BE NICE BECKY!) She then said is that all you found? (Nicely though) I told her I was in a hurry and would be back when I could dig. And I was thinking, in my Old clothes and bringing a flashlight!
         Anyways, I did get some cute treasures for a total of $17.00. I will go back!!!!!!
Here are my FINDS!
Shelf $5.00, Sifter $5.00, Tin item $5.00(Not quite sure yet what it is)
Brush $1.00 and Crock with Lid $1.00
Not too bad for a little digging! 


 Prim Blessings to all... From Becky@ The Crow's Nest Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

8 comments:

  1. well you can't beat the price and i think i would make a trip back to ,you did well ! every thing is just a treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to dig and route so I would have had fun.Hate asking prices though.You scored! Wonderful little lot.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky, I just found your blog through Jackies' blog. I wanted to say hello, and love your finds!
    This sounds like my kinda fun! You just never know what you'll run across, what a neat place to visit.
    Have a good day,
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Girls, I will be going back there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud when you said you were thinking about coming back in old clothes and a flashlight... sounds like my kind of place, haha! You got some awesome finds at great prices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you & i would get along just fine! :) that is my kinda place! old clothes & flashlight! lol! when hubby & i are out & about i look for these type of "antique" stores! :) you get the best deals there! tfs! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, Thanks for all your posts U R A DOLL!!!!!
    Jenn.....We so need to get together!!!! What a HOOT we would be digging around in JUNK SHOPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete